This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The fun begins..............

So I start my foster care training Feb21st and it should be 5 consecutive Saturdays from 9am to 4pm. In the meantime there is a massive pile of paperwork, including a family biography to complete. So pretty much every moment of my life is spoken for right now. Doing this is keeping my mind off of the bad crap that has happened in the past few weeks.
I have decided that I will TTC again in a few months regardless of a foster care placement. I am just not ready to give up on a pregnancy of my own yet. I am getting out all of my baby stuff that I bought and getting the nursery ready, that is fun and again keeps my mind in a more postive place. I have alot to do to get ready for this child. Here's to a new year that hopefully gets better and better everyday!

3 comments:

twondra said...

Good luck sweetie! I sure hope things work out!!

dreambaby said...

Hey girl!
It's been a long time!
I wanted to wish you luck...all the luck in the world!
I hope you get both (biological AND foster/adopt! *grin*
I read your post about Jacques. I'm so very sorry. I just lost my kitty too. So so sad.
Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize!

C said...

Wow, I lost you for awhile, Roxy. Nice to be able to read again. Yeah about the Fost care Training! Keep us posted. I am so excited for you!