This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy B-Day Mom!!!

Today is my mom's 58th b-day. I love my Mom so much it is crazy. We have always been close but this past year we have grown so much closer. Since I have been TTC I understand her so much more and having her support me through all of it has meant the world to me. I made her a dinner of her choice which was-tomato salad with fresh mozzerella and cilantro, southern fried buttermilk chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with bacon and slivered almonds and a lemon tort with lemon custard ice cream. I think I just gained 5 lbs typing that out :) We also got to spend a little time with my youngest neice Anika who is 7mos old. We don't get a lot of time alone with her because my SIL is a little weird about controlling her children when they are babies. Oh well, that's her perogitive.
It was a good day and right now I am keeping one eye on the superbowl and I am hoping the Giants win. When my Bears aren't playing I like to root for the underdogs.
Here's to a great week filled with wonderful people and positive experiences.

3 comments:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Happy birthday Roxymommy's mom!! =) Wow, that dinner sounds good. I wish it was my bday too! lol

twondra said...

I hope your mom had a good birthday! The dinner sounds awesome! I was so pumped the Giants won. :)

RainbowMomma said...

I think I also gained 5 pounds just reading about your mom's birthday meal. LOL! Glad you have such a good support in her.