This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Taste of Spring

Today is warm (42degrees) and rainy although I don't mind the rain. Yesterday I finally was able to get out into the sunshine. It's just a little spring teaser. I went on a bargain shopping trip with Mom and got some pretty good stuff. Every once in a while we will hit all the Goodwill and Salvation army stores in town. It's a way to have fun and not spend a lot of money. I made sure ALL my bills were paid first so this was totally guilt free.
A very special shout out to Michelle and Nick who after years of TTC, got their precious BFP with IVF. I am praying for a healthy and joyous 9mos ahead for both of them. When I read the news I cried and laughed and it felt like getting my own BFP.
Speaking of which, I have lost 10.5 lbs so far and my cycles are already getting back to "normal". I'm thinking May or June for the IUI. I am staying focused on getting healthy and doing the right things for my mind and body to prepare for my little angel.
Here's to a great week ahead for all!!!

2 comments:

twondra said...

Awesome! Can't wait for you to start!

Glad you're feeling better!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I was excited to hear about Michelle & Nick too! Sort of gives the rest of us a bit of hope, doesn't it? =)

A shopping spree sounds like so much fun...there is this Good Will on the other side of town that always has really neat stuff. Hmmm. ;)