This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Saturday in the ER

Wow what a way to spend my weekend! Here' s the lowdown. AF finally left wednesday. Since the bleeding stopped I have been having very bad cramps that have gotten increasingly worse. I can't miss any work because I just started this job so going to the Dr. really wasn't an option. This morning I went to see my brother (who tore his ACL skiing by the way) and when I lifted my neice to hug her I felt a pull in my lady parts and the cramps got even worse. On the way home from Jimmy's house my mom convinced me to go ahead and go into the ER and get checked. I had a four tubes of blood taken, peed in a cup, had a pelvic exam by the roughest old man Dr in the world, had an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound. Well, I have a cyst on my right ovary that may have burst. They really didn't have an answer as all the tests were well within the normal limits. I did find out that the blood flow to my ovaries is very normal and my uterus is tilted. I have to follow up with my OB/GYN so I will have to go on my lunch break or something. I feel better now after some pain meds.
I guess I am just feeling really down about all this. All I want is to be a mom. Now I feel like a failure. Added to that some unexpected bills came in and I am in a financial tight spot for now. I know things will even out and I will get pregnant eventually but right now it just feel insurmountable.
On the bright side the new diet is going somewhat well. Not perfect but I can see some new habits forming as I get the hang of this. And work is going really well. I am learning the ropes and working under the "golden dome" has some really great perks.
Well, here's to a better rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

twondra said...

Oh, sweetie, I'm sooo sorry. I'm glad you went in. I hope you're feeling better now.

You will be a mother and soon all this will be a distant memory. (((HUGS)))