This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

UH OK

AF is finally tapering off very slowly. I still am not sure what the heck is going on here.
I am starting my new diet tomorrow. The more I read, the better I like it. It starts with phase one which has me start to change habits by asking me to eat breakfast, stop eating two hours before bed and start moving more. I like that the changes are gradual and with that more likely to stick. Then it moves on to more changes once the new ones have become habits.
I weighed myself this morning for the first time in months. What I am about to say shocks an embarasses me and normally I would take it to my grave. But I fear if I do keep it to myself then the grave may come sooner than expected. I weigh 259 lbs!!!!! I am 5'5 so this is a very noticable thing. I denied my weight gain for sooo long that I did not know how much damage I was doing to my body. This is the most I have ever weighed and this is not a healthy pre-pregnancy weight. I have made a firm decision to lose at least 50 lbs before even starting to think about the IUI. I believe that my recent reproductive problems are due in large part to my weight. I can do this. I put on the weight and I can take it off. I want my baby so badly it hurts and My body needs to be in optimal health to handle this.
Well, enough confessions. Here's to a fantastic week!!!!!

2 comments:

twondra said...

I hope the weight loss is quick and easy for ya so you can get on with TTC hon. :) You deserve it. I hope your body stops confusing you soon....how frustrating. :(

RainbowMomma said...

I am so excited for you that you are starting a weight loss program.

My weight (5'3") was 205 lbs the day after Thanksgiving. The other day, it was 194.6 lbs. My best friend around here has been on a weight loss program (WW) since late summer. Her weight (5'8") was 310 lbs. Yesterday, her weight was 263.2 lbs. She is 3.2 away from 50 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (I did it after she was doing so well. She motivated me.)

I'll be pulling for you!!!