This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Food for the soul

It is amazing how spending time with children can really re-energize my outlook on life. I had my niece Mekah and my nephew Donovan this weekend. We went to the library and rented movies and just really had a great time. This has been a fairly hard winter on my mind and body, so being with them was really special. It seems as though the weather may be finally breaking into spring this week. We will keep our fingers crossed!!!!
I am doing very well on my diet and excersise plan so I may be moving the IUI up to May. I am sticking to my healthy eating 90% of the time which is my personal goal and walking everyday on my lunch break. I am also starting prenatal yoga at night to help me strengthen my muscles and quiet down my mind. I am so ready to get PG that sometimes I can't even sleep at night!
Finances are also looking better as things get back on track. The job is great and I love it. There is one woman, a temp for the busy season, who really gets on my nerves but I am dealing with it. She wanted to be hired for the job I got but didn't get it and she never fails to mention it daily.
Oh well, I got the job and I'm staying put!!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Glad to hear things are looking up! Hopefully you'll get that BFP soon and a few of us can be happily bloated and puking together!

twondra said...

You sound so happy! I'm so excited for you!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I really know what you mean when you say that you want to be pregnant so badly that it keeps you up at night. Sometimes I don't understand why I can't just WILL it into being!! =)

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I really know what you mean when you say that you want to be pregnant so badly that it keeps you up at night. Sometimes I don't understand why I can't just WILL it into being!! =)