This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Moving forward while looking back

This time of year for me is a time to look back and learn from my experiences while gearing up to move forward with positive changes. I do make "resolutions" each new year but I prefer to just simply call them goals. My goals this year are 1. get pregnant! Duh 2. eat healthy 95% of the time and keep up with the excercise 3. pay off all bad debt like my car and credit cards. This all sounds like the standard goals that I set for myself last year. The difference is this year I feel a different sense of urgency about them. My body is telling me that she does not like being this fat and does not like the stress at all. When I was in my 20's I always felt like I had more time to turn around bad habits. Now I feel like it's now or never. My heart and home are ready for my baby but my body is too out of whack to consider it. I hate to think about it but the best thing may be to put of the IUI just a couple more months to get my body in better shape. Financially it would not hurt to wait and get some things taken care of first. I haven't made the decision yet but it is weighing heavily on my heart today. I just want my baby so badly but I don't want to be an unhealthy mom in any way.
Speaking of TTC, AF is still here 21 days later. What is happening? Dr. says that I may need a D&C. This kind of freaks me out. She also says that my weight may be a factor in the hormonal imbalance. I had a back injury and surgery last Feb. and have gained ALOT of weight since then. I have always been a curvy, bodacious mama :) but this is ridiculous. I hate strict diets but have heard good things about Weight Watchers and the "best life diet". If anyone has any ideas let me know.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Scary about the long visit from AF. Hopefully you won't need a D&C. I love your resolutions for 2008...you go girl! :)