This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wiped out!!

Today was my second day on my new job. Good news is everyone is super nice and this office does not believe in the hierarchy. Titles are not used and everyone's office door is open. I went to lunch with both directors of financial aid today. A little awkward but nice. This is a highly respected, national university with a great history of community service so I am proud to work there.
My former job just screwed me out of my last paycheck. They sent my last paycheck and it only showed 3days of work instead of two weeks so the rest of my Christmas shopping will be brief:( Of course there is nothing I can do now that they show me as "terminated". I resigned I was not terminated. I am so pissed, I worked so hard for them and now they treat me like this. If I did not fear being sued I would tell everyone what insurance company this is and tell you not to spend your money there. Truth is you can get cheaper rates elsewhere anyways.
Oh well, I guess this tells me I did make the right choice by leaving.
The univeristy will be giving me my first paycheck this Friday so it shouldn't be too tight financialy. Bad news is I have to wait for my tax refund to do my IUI so unless the money fairy comes by, I may have to hold off till Feb or March.

2 comments:

twondra said...

Can't you argue it? I would say something or do something. That's just not right. :( I'm sorry. Hang in there!

RainbowMomma said...

That really sucks about your last job! But I'm so glad things are going well with your new one!!!! By the way, my daughter's best friend's name is Meka. (Pronounced like Becca.) Cool to hear of another little girl with the same name. (I like it with the "h" at the end.)

I hope you're able to do your next IUI sooner than you think. But whenever it is, we'll be wishing you luck!