This is my place to share my journey to becoming a mother and anything else that is going on in my life. Welcome!!

ABOUT ME

My photo
Age 33. Single, Native American hot chick (hence the blog title). I am a left wing, liberal, treehugging Democrat. I have made the choice to become a single mother and am doing so as a foster parent. I will go head on to put the most at risk children first. This is my place to share my journey. I hold nothing back, whether it be joy or heartbreak.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Christmas eve dinner with the family at my brother's house was nice, but interesting. My SIL side of the family is very competitive with the kids by attempting to purchase their love. My side of the family, not so much. We know we love each other and tell each other so. We have no need to prove it beyond that. The kids other grandma handed my mother's and my presents to the kids first, they each got one fairly nice gift from the both of us. Then disappeared to her car and brought in tons of gifts for the kids. Not bad for the kids, they were exited. However, after they opened the gifts she asked them and I quote, "Now whose your favorite grandma?" Those poor kids were stunned and my SIL quickly changed the subject. My mother being the graceful woman she is just went on without saying a word. But alone today she did tell me that it hurt her feelings. The other grandma has also been known to make the babies cry by, when my mom is holding one of them she will take their pacifier or bottle and then take the baby and say, "did that mean old woman bother you?" Nice real nice. I may be a single mom to be but at least I know my kids won't have to go through that crap.
Anyways the kids were great, the food was delicious and now I'm hungover:)
AF has been here for over 16 days!!!! What the freakin hell?? I will call the Dr. tomorrow to see what's up but my insurance at the new job won't start until the 1st. I don't know why this would be happening other than the stress of the last couple of months. My dr. had initially said that she thinks I may have had an early miscarriage the last TTC cycle so maybe my body is trying to work things out. This has me worried right now. Just trying to look forward to the rest of the week and relaxing on my time off.
Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

2 comments:

twondra said...

Wow...that's awful. I'm sorry. :(

I hope you find out what's going on with AF. Keep us posted for sure!

RainbowMomma said...

Gees. Sorry about the in-law stuff. Yikes!

And AF, what is she thinking? I hope it all works out and you get a STICKY BFP really soon.

Have a great 2008.